The snow is melting, the days are growing longer, and outdoor activities are in full swing. It’s time to kick the winter doldrums to the curb and rejuvenate your workout regimen and diet. This spring, we say out with the old and in with the lean.
Devise a plan of attack for the warmer days (and nights) ahead with these quick tips:
- Slow and steady wins the race. No need to overwork yourself after a few weeks (or months) off. Be realistic about your spring training goals.
- Instead of your usual run or treadmill routine, pick up a new outdoor sport. Grab a tennis racket or a golf club and get to it!
- Toss those leftover holiday goodies and stock your fridge with fresh fruit and veggies for protein-packed smoothies.
- A new season also means new swag. Treat yourself to new running shoes or workout gear. You can even use it as an incentive!
- Pump up the jams with a new workout playlist. Motivation and music go hand in hand.
- Don’t forget the SPF! In this case, there’s safety in (higher) numbers.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to a fresh start. With an open mind and being mindful of our diet, this could be the best spring yet. Cheers!